If you’re a small business in London and have an older, inefficient heating system you may be eligible for 30 to 40 per cent cashback when you replace it with a new, cleaner system.
Cleaner Heat Cashback is Mayor Sadiq Khan’s £10 million scheme to help London’s Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) save money on their energy bills and improve the capital’s air quality.
What are the benefits?
- 30 to 40 per cent cashback towards your new, cleaner heating system
- up to 25 per cent off your energy bills
Improving your environmental credentials:
- do your bit to help improve London’s air quality
- help contribute towards meeting the Mayor’s ambition of a zero carbon city by 2050, through a smaller carbon footprint
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for the scheme your business must be:
- based in London
- a Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME)
- one of the following in relation to tenure: a building owner, a tenant with responsibility for building maintenance or a tenant with permission from your landlord
In relation to your current and replacement heating systems, they must meet the following criteria:
- the heating system being replaced must be working, a minimum size of 70 kW and either:
- an existing gas, oil or LPG boiler which is a minimum of 10 years old
- an existing coal or biomass boiler of any age
- replacement heating systems must be:
- a gas or LPG boiler that is at least 90 per cent energy efficient and has NOx emissions of 40mg/KWh or less
- a renewable heating technology (eg heat pump or solar thermal), or a connection to a heat network
- installations must be undertaken by an accredited, manufacturer-approved installer
Read our frequently asked questions to find out more.
You can receive 30 per cent cashback when installing a new gas or LPG boiler, or 35 per cent cashback when installing a renewable heating system (such as air or ground source heat pumps, solar thermal or hybrid systems) or connecting to a local heat network.