Community energy leaders Repowering are looking for someone experienced in community engagement and fuel poverty work to manage these core streams of Repowering’s work as our Fuel Poverty Programme Coordinator.
You will be responsible for managing the delivery of Repowering’s cross-cutting fuel poverty theme – delivering high quality and impactful energy audits whilst developing solutions to make Repowering a market leader in tackling fuel poverty in a changing environment.
You will also be responsible for engaging and capacity building communities across all Repowering projects – creating the community “energy” that underpins the electrical energy, adding fundamental social and environmental value to Repowering’s rooftop and garden installations.
You will develop a new approach to delivering both areas of support, recruiting and managing a team of Community Liaison Officers to engage communities, and a Home Energy Auditor to deliver audits.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Strategy and management of Home Energy Audits
- Community engagement to provide advice and consultation
- Provide fuel poverty support across all Repowering projects
- Support community engagement across all Repowering projecting
- Recruit and manage volunteers/trainees
- Project manage fuel poverty projects, including managing budget, teams, reporting
Essential person specification
- Community engagement experience
- Patient, empathetic and unflappable
- Energy assessment knowledge/skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication, conveying technical info clearly and simply
- Data analysis skills/experience
- Experience of producing public-facing resources
- Managing colleagues and volunteers
- Understand excellent customer service
- Project management skills/experience
- Excellent problem solver
- Report-writing skills
- Ability to prioritise heavy workload
- Work well independently and within team
- Natural initiative taker
- Location: Repowering Office, Blue Star House, 234-244 Stockwell Road, Brixton, London SW9 9SP
- Line manager: The role will report to Repowering’s Technical Director Felix Wight
- Contract period: Starting ASAP for an initial 6 months
- Payment terms: Circa £25-28k pro rata per annum based on experience
- Hours: Normal office hours with some evening and weekend work
- Application: CV and covering letter to Ben Gill at email@example.com
- Deadline: Midnight, 14th November 2018
Repowering London specialises in community energy projects that deliver social, environmental and financial returns to the communities in which they are based.
We support local people to develop, own and manage renewable energy projects within socially deprived neighbourhoods and challenging urban environments. Our work generates not only clean electrical energy but also the social energy that brings people together to create empowered and resilient communities.
Repowering has established four award winning projects, Brixton Energy Solar 1, 2, 3 and Banister House Solar. These include both the first and largest community-owned energy projects on social housing in the UK. Each project is housed in an independent co-operative that is sustained through income generated from the Feed-in-Tariff and the sale of electricity.
Repowering is a development body that provides the technical, financial, legal and administrative expertise to raise investment from the community and successfully deliver community-owned renewable energy projects.
We are growing as an organisation, with an increasingly complex range of activities and contractual obligations that require focused coordination and management.
Repowering is committed to equality and fairness for all in our employment. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination and will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexuality, religion or age.