FOR SOLAR PV PROJECT STAGES
If you want to find out about organisations and businesses that can provide the services needed to turn a community energy group project into reality, or to manage existing ones, then read on. To talk to groups who have used the services here please make a request using the form on the contact page. Note that CEL does not recommend any individual company.
The activities required for a successful Solar PV project broadly fall into these stages:
- Identify possible sites
- Speak to the people/bodies who have the rights over the roof
- Ascertain whether it is technically feasible
- Ascertain whether it might be financially feasible
- Ascertain what other permissions will be needed. eg District Network Operator (DNOs)
- Obtain all permissions, e.g. Planning Permission
- Engage with an installer, subject to raising funds
- Raise funds – grants, share offer etc
- Monitor project carefully
And, if you know of any other companies that would be useful for other community groups to be aware of, or have any other corrections/suggestions please use the form on the contact page to request changes to our listings.